4 mag 2010

A new home for my ID

Remember my last post where I asked you to guess what I was making with some doilies, linen and polka dot cotton? I finally finished my new ID holder and am very proud to share with you all!


I've had the same ID holder for the past 15 years. It was a gift from my mom and I love it dearly but, after years of use it is now a bit battered and will feel better in one of my drawers.
I couldn't find a better challenge! I knew I couldn't find the perfect case where I live and I wanted to make myself something special, as I always give all the things I do to friends.


So I grabbed a few doilies, some vintage linen and began hand stitching them on the fabric.
I added some polka dot blue cotton for the lining. I love the contrast between the vintage exterior and the modern and funky lining. Using a vintage wallet as pattern, I ironed some interfacing to the linen and then sewed all together.


The stitching on the lining is far from perfect but my sewing machine wasn't working properly... I hope it's something temporary. I also embroidered my initials on the cover, it looks so stylish!


The only problem is it's too beautiful to just throw it in my bag... I will remember to put it in one of its pockets! Otherwise, seen the mess inside my bags, I doubt it will last 15 years!
p.s. thank you girls for the awesome comments on my last post!!! They absolutely made not just my day but my whole week!!!!

Nessun commento: