9 set 2010

A roadtrip to Magna Graecia


Last weekend, in order to celebrate my birthday and our fourth anniversary, my boyfriend and I (together with my self-stitched garments) travelled to Agrigento to visit the Valley of the Temples, one of the best archaeological sites in Southern Italy to see the remains of the Greek civilization, more than two thousand years ago.
As we wanted a little adventure, we stayed in a camping on the seaside and had the privilege to put up our tent under a huge thunderstorm...


On Saturday we went to visit the temples and the nearby museum and then had fun bathing in the waves of the Mediterranean sea.
On Sunday, before going home, we visited a huge rock overlooking the sea, known here as the Stairs of the Turks (I forgot why...). Due to the composition of the rock, it is all white and it creates a huge contrast with the blue of sea and of the sky... a perfect place to snap some pictures!!!
We had fun, celebrated in the best possible way our years together and learnt so many things on the past life of the beautiful island we live in. But, as today my written english is not very fluent, it's better I let my pics speak for themselves...

September 3 - San Leone - after the rain

September 3 - some fun in a refashioned shirt

September 4 - Valley of the Temples - visiting in a me-made skirt



September 5 - La Scala dei Turchi


September 5 - La Scala dei Turchi - me-made dress


1 commento:

Michele ha detto...

I love the plaid and the little tie in the back. So cute. Happy birthday/anniversary!