6 lug 2010

Let me introduce you to...

I know I promised projects and pictures but I spent the last week showing around a friend of mine that came to visit from Rome and, when she left, mostly at the seaside... the sun is so hot and the heat is so unbereable... the only way to win it is going to the beach... I really have to say that this is not a bad fact after all.... However, apart from my long afternoons on the sand, I really want to introduce you to my newest friend: the goose named Giosuè!!!


A few months ago a friend of mine had a baby and a couple of weeks ago they decided to throw a party in his honour and I didn't want to show up barehanded nor I wanted to buy something. My friend is like the most green-sustainable-ecoconscious-fairtrade person that I know (she even lives without a tv, she made one with a box and she puts her head inside to make her baby laugh) and I knew that she would appreciate something hand-made and completely rcycled.
So, whenever I need to make something for babies I head to The Long Thread which has the most awesome tutorials!!! I chose Lucy Goosey but I decided to name it after the baby, so... Giosuè the Goose!
I used some heavy striped cotton (the remains of the dogbeds I made for my mom in March), some blue and white cotton (the remains of a tablecloth I made last year) and some red cotton (from my boyfriend's mom stash). I then embroidered his name with stem stitch and, as the red cotton was starting to fray, I used blanket stitch to prevent it.
I am so so so happy with the final result, I really do think this is the best thing I ever made and even the goose seemed to be happy hiding in the most charming corners of my garden...







3 commenti:

Unknown ha detto...

awww...you did such a great job!! very thoughtful of you!

Anonimo ha detto...

Oooo this is so sweet!! What a great gift!

I often make the Rabbit on the Purl Bee website for baby gifts. But you know, I've found that some moms appreciate a homemade gift, and some... don't.

piccola samurai ha detto...

Thanks girls!!!! I completely agree, some moms don't appreciate handmade gifts... so there's no point in loosing time making something that won't be loved. Instead, we can use that same time to make gorgeous gifts to those moms that loooooove our super cute and non perfect handmade precious crafts!!!!!